Counselling and Psychotherapy
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) can help with many issues including:
- Anxiety conditions including worry, panic, social anxiety, phobias OCD, PTSD, Stress
- Work related stressors: work load, communication, career issues
- Depression and low mood
- Self esteem and confidence issues
- Relationship issues
- Eating Disorders
- Coping with chronic conditions
- Alcohol and addiction issues
Contact Laura if you need help with daily challenges in life such as those listed above.
Laura is a fully qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist achieving her diploma from the Centre of Therapy in Glasgow. As a qualified CBT therapist, she aims to offer you space and support to explore any changes or difficulties that you are experiencing in your life. Sessions are 50 minutes and allow you the opportunity to look at the issues that are affecting you and jointly work towards improving your understanding, and helping you find ways to cope with them.
In life many of us put others’ needs before our own and therefore neglect ourselves. By deciding to come for therapy you are caring for and recognising the importance of your own needs and giving yourself time for ‘you’.
As well as being a therapist, Laura is currently the manager of a local mental health and wellbeing charity, where she has worked for 9 years.
As a counsellor member of COSCA and a member of the BABCP professional bodies Laura abides by their codes of ethical practice at all times, attends regular Clinical Supervision and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to ensure skills and knowledge are kept up to date. Despite working with a CBT approach, therapy may involve drawing on different counselling and therapeutic techniques that are relevant to your needs.
She has experience of working with a range of client groups within two local third sector organisations and now by starting her own private practice. She is fully qualified, insured, and holds an up to date PVG.
- BSc (Hons) Food Nutrition and Health
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling
- SCOTACS Diploma in Counselling and Group-work
- ILM qualification in Leadership and Management
- SMART Recovery Facilitator training
- CBASP CPD training
- The Coupes Counselling Toolkit
50 minute session - Individuals - £40 Couples - £45
Cancellations of -24hours will incur 50% charge.
Contact: 07847 852 104